This tattoo gun made from a plastic tooth brush, pen, tape and small battery motor. The gun was used to make tattoos on inmates within the Geelong Gaol. It was seized from an inmate in the late 1980s. At the time it was the oldest inhabited prison in Victoria. The Gaol was designed by Henry Ginn, the first colonial architect of Victoria. It was constructed between 1849 and 1864 using convict labour. The Gaol closed in July 1991.