Part of a tattoo gun made from a plastic toothbrush and pen. The gun is missing the motor, ink and power cord. The gun was used to make tattoos on inmates in Geelong Gaol. It was seized from an inmate of in the late 1980s. At the time the Gaol was the oldest inhabited prison in Victoria. The Gaol was designed by Henry Ginn, the first colonial architect of Victoria. It was constructed between 1849 and 1864 using convict labour. The Gaol closed in July 1991.